Risultati da 1 a 11 di 11

Discussione: Historical register

Historical register

Hi Everybody,

I'm a new member and this is my first post....

I am currently living in Milan, and I'm about to buy my first vespa. I am looking for a 125, that is over 20 years old so that it can be registered and I can continue to use it, I have 2 questions really:

1: What are the basics to check for when buying a vespa

2: What should I check for to ensure that I can register it?

Hope someone can help!

Chris.

VRista Silver L'avatar di farob
    Potenza Reputazione

Riferimento: Historical register

Hi Chris, welcome on VR!

about you first question, first of all check that the data registered on the documents (plate and chassis number) correspond perfectly to the ones on the Vespa you're about to buy.
    Be sure that the vespa hasn't been canceled from P.R.A. (the public register of transport means) asking it to the dedicated office.
    Then, it's all a matter of your "feeling" about the mechanic conditions: rust, painting, strange sounds from the engine, etc. ...

Be confident, someone else among our experts will soon give you some more good advice

Bye!

E' Priiiimaveeeeeraaaaaaaaaaa..!!!

Thanks for that, I think my bigest concern will be getting it on the hostorical register, I been reading through the post about it as best I can, is it best to go through FMI?

VRista Silver L'avatar di farob
    Potenza Reputazione

My answer is "yes", because it' s easier and cheaper than ASI, for instance (FMI and ASI are the only historical registers recognised by law, at the moment).
    The procedure to get a vespa registered is not difficult: you can get any information HERE, on the official website of FMI. But you have to wait for a little while because, due to a new law just come out, FMI is updating the forms to fill and something in the procedure to follow.
    Anyway, should you have problems understanding italian, ask for help

E' Priiiimaveeeeeraaaaaaaaaaa..!!!

Re: Historical register

ah ok, do you know what the changes are going to be? Do you know if they will have any affect on the types of scooters that are elegible for the register?

Thanks

Chris.

VRista Junior L'avatar di Poggio
    Potenza Reputazione

Riferimento: Re: Historical register

Remember to check if the number series of the engine corresponds at the model of the vespa, so you can be sure that the engine is the original for that model and not of another vespa.

Bye

Re: Riferimento: Historical register

ok. I am going to look at one on Saturday, its already on the registro storico, now the question is what do I have to do to get it transfered into my name?

And do you have any suggestions for insurance agencies?

thanks
    Chris.

Potenza Reputazione

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Historical register

The easiest way to transfer it into your name is to go at ACI agency. I think it's the better way because they do all for you, and you and the vendor must only sign the documents. Otherwise you can make all by yourself but you must go to several offices like PRA, Motorizzazione Civile, Municipality, and go at the postal office to pay the tax. This is cheap but you must have many free time!
    I can't help you about the insurance because it can change from region by region.

bye

Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Historical register

Yes, the ACI agency sounds much easier!! Will they also change the registro storico documents?

And does anyone have any suggestions for insurance agencies in the Milano area?

Thanks again,
    Chris.

Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Historical register

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da thatchrisburton Visualizza Messaggio
    And does anyone have any suggestions for insurance agencies in the Milano area?
    Forget that question, I just found the Convenzione with FMI, now I just have to join FMI..... how long does it take?

Potenza Reputazione

Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Re: Riferimento: Historical register

Sorry, I don't know because I'm not yet a member of the FMI.

Permessi di Scrittura

• Tu non puoi inviare nuove discussioni
  • Tu non puoi inviare risposte
  • Tu non puoi inviare allegati
  • Tu non puoi modificare i tuoi messaggi
  •