Risultati da 1 a 8 di 8

Discussione: Exporting anewly registered Italian Vespa

Exporting anewly registered Italian Vespa

Hi all, I have restored a Vespa and have registered it with a new 'targa', I have just (today) recieved the new 'Libretto' but I have not registered at the PRA.

I am moving back to England and will take the Vespa...do I need to register at the PRA before I export or will it not matter......is it just something you need to be legal in Italy?

Thanks in advance

Greg

VRista DOC L'avatar di alain
    Potenza Reputazione
    Welcome in this forum, Greg!
    I can't help you because I don't know laws in what you need.
    Someone of us will help you soon.
    Bye!
    come dice pacomino: QUANDO SI riPARTE??

Staff VRista Diamond L'avatar di highlander
    Potenza Reputazione

Re: Exporting anewly registered Italian Vespa

Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Ned_kelly
    Hi all, I have restored a Vespa and have registered it with a new 'targa', I have just (today) recieved the new 'Libretto' but I have not registered at the PRA.

I am moving back to England and will take the Vespa...do I need to register at the PRA before I export or will it not matter......is it just something you need to be legal in Italy?

Thanks in advance

Greg
    yes u need to register to PRA

but, u restored vespa and registered it whit new targa, because u need to take it in england???

(sorry for my english)
    prova

Staff VRista Platinum L'avatar di GustaV
    Potenza Reputazione
    Hi Greg, welcome!
    Maybe the registration to PRA isn't necessary if you want to transfer the Vespa in UK, but wait for other opinions.

Staff VRista Platinum L'avatar di Neropongo
    Potenza Reputazione
    Hi Greg

I just imported and registered 2 vespas with DVLA, you need practically nothing out of italian documentation but the more the merrier, if you have the libretto good but if you havent good as well, DVLA won't mind at all...

It's very easy to register an imported scooter. First of all you need to get an age certificate, you can do this either with the Vespa club of britain or the vespa veteran club and it cost £10 if you are a member or £20 if you're not and also get full membership.
    Than you need a MOT (£27), a british insurance certificate, a form V55/5 and a custom form (VAT 414). The duty payable to DVLA is £50 and you need to add the value of a year road tax: £15 up to 150cc and £31 above
    You can get the full import pack with all the forms needed if you click here.

When you have all the forms ready you need to send them to your local DVLA office (not to Swansea)

In the envelope:

- Age certificate
    -MOT certificate
    -Insurance certificate
    -V55/5 Form
    -VAT414 Form
    -2 form of ID with address on
    -A cheque for £50
    -A cheque for the value of a year worth of road tax
    -All original documents you have to speed the process of identifying the vehicle

If everything works out you get a number plate certificate and a tax disc in two weeks, followed by the logbook within another two.

I hope this helps

THAT'S GREAT NEWS THANKS!!!! IT'LL SAVE ME 56 EURO.......

Do you know if the DVLA give you a 'period' number plate and you can claim free road tax as the Vespa was manufactured before 1971?

VRista DOC
    Potenza Reputazione
    Hi Ned_kelly, I give you my warmest welcome in VR

Staff VRista Platinum L'avatar di Neropongo
    Potenza Reputazione
    Citazione Originariamente Scritto da Ned_kelly
    Do you know if the DVLA give you a 'period' number plate and you can claim free road tax as the Vespa was manufactured before 1971?
    They will automatically give you an age related number plate and you'll be able to claim free road tax.

Permessi di Scrittura

• Tu non puoi inviare nuove discussioni
  • Tu non puoi inviare risposte
  • Tu non puoi inviare allegati
  • Tu non puoi modificare i tuoi messaggi
  •